Former Tesla executive leads DG Innovate & EVage Motors’ entry into Indian Market

DG Innovate, a UK-based firm which specialize in sustainable mobility and energy-storage solutions, has announced its entry into the Indian market through a strategic joint venture with EVage Motors.

In a notable move towards revolutionizing India’s electric vehicle (EV) landscape, DG Innovate, a UK-based firm which specializes in sustainable mobility and energy-storage solutions, has announced its entry into the Indian market through a strategic joint venture with EVage Motors. This collaboration marks a crucial step forward in the country’s journey towards green transition and sustainable transportation.

Led by former executives of Tesla, DG Innovate brings a wealth of expertise and experience in the EV sector. With a keen eye on the immense potential of the Indian market, the decision to venture into India has been meticulously evaluated over the past year. According to Peter Bardenfleth Hansen, CEO of DG Innovate, “We have been looking at the Indian market and it has real potential in terms of EV penetration, green transition, and growth. This is not something that happened in a day, we have been evaluating this opportunity for over a year and we are very excited about this market.”

Under the terms of the joint venture, DG Innovate will hold a majority stake of 60%, with the remaining 40% owned by EVage Motors, an electric truck manufacturing startup. The primary focus of this collaboration will be the production of electric motors boasting an impressive efficiency rate of around 98.5%. These high-efficiency motors are poised to drive the next generation of electric vehicles, offering superior performance and sustainability.

The manufacturing operations will be based at EVage’s Modular Miniature Manufacturing (M CUBE) micro-factory located in Punjab’s Mohali. This state-of-the-art facility will serve as the production hub for these cutting-edge electric motors. According to Inderveer Singh, Founder & CEO of EVage Motors, “The motors would be made at EVage’s Modular Miniature Manufacturing (M CUBE) micro-factory in Punjab’s Mohali. The first batch would be available over the next 12-18 months.”

This partnership between DG Innovate and EVage Motors holds immense promise for the Indian EV market, offering innovative solutions to meet the growing demand for sustainable mobility. With a commitment to sustainability, this collaboration is set to drive India’s EV revolution forward, making a way for India’s cleaner and greener future.